CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my piece of blog land!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your taking time out of your busy day to take a peek at what I've been up to.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Hip Hop Hooray!

Its been a while since I've posted. Life is just plain busy right now. But, last Friday I had a chance to get together with a couple of friends and do some scrapping. It was so nice to get out and have a little girl talk and create! Here is one of the 3 cards that I made.


Two of my three boys will be in school this fall, the oldest in kindergarten, and my middle will start preschool. That means lots of birthday party invitations. I decided I had better start stocking up on boy birthday cards. I was inspired by Nichole Heady's felt frog here and wanted to make one, too. But, with the light blue paper rather than the dark green that Nichole used, I think it came out looking a little babyish. So, I added a big bow on the top and will tuck it a way for a little nephew of mine whose having a first birthday in about 6 months! (At least I will be prepared!!)

It is really hot and humid here today. I think I will take my kiddos to the splash pad when they get up from their nap in a half hour! They will be thrilled!

Thanks for stopping by! Stay cool!

2 comments:

Suzanne

Laura, this is so adorable! I love the frog on the blue paper and that wide ribbon is perfect! I always shy away from wide ribbons, but you have motivated me to try it!

Unknown

Argh - i lost my post so let's try again. Great card! I love that bow, and you are Ready come 6 mos. from now! And Dean, great name! It was DH's grandpa's name for us. :)

Post a Comment