CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my piece of blog land!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your taking time out of your busy day to take a peek at what I've been up to.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Gift from my Boys

My kids go in streaks with certain foods.  Sometimes they will eat 2 bananas a day, sometimes they refuse to eat any.  Well, it was one of those weeks when they wouldnt eat any.  So, I had a bunch of brown bananas on the kitchen counter begging to be made into banana muffins. 

I usually wait until the two little boys go down for their nap before I  bake.  But, last Thursday I was feeling ambitious and decided to let the boys help make the muffins.  They loved helping, and the mess wasnt even that bad.  I have to remind myself that even if it takes a little more time to include the boys on projects (like baking), they enjoy helping out and are so PROUD of themselves when they are done.  So, my new goal is to include the kids on more projects.  It really makes the project more fun even if it takes a little longer.

So the boys wanted to give some of their hard-made muffins to their grandparents who their dad was taking them to visit while I had to work.  I packaged the muffins in a fun gable box from Papertrey Ink, and here it is:


I used the retired set from Stampin' Up called "I'm Here" along with Stampin' Up Real Red Satin Ribbon.  The sentiment was made on the computer since I didn't have a stamp that worked for the occasion.

I wasn't going to post this project because I thought that it was a little "loud" with all the primary colors, but my husband insisted that it should be posted.  So, here it is.

Here is a view of the yummy contents: 


These muffins are just made from the banana bread recipe from the Better Homes and Garden checkered red and white cookbook that I think everyone must own! 

Isn't that Papertrey Ink gable box great?  It is the large box that you can purchase here.  It easily would have fit a dozen muffins, but since my husband ate half a dozen by himself, I only put 8 in it. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comments:

Diane Jaquay

What a cute box, I LOVE those sweet little hand prints!

Post a Comment