CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my piece of blog land!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your taking time out of your busy day to take a peek at what I've been up to.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

September PTI Blog Hop


I can't believe it is already the 25th of September! Wow! Where has the month gone? My oldest started kindergarten this year, and it is hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that he will be starting his 4th week of school already.

This month's PTI blog hop challenge is to create a project based on this photo:

I love the colors and all the white, crisp lines. I am a big fan of simple card design with lots of white space. Know who does this perfectly? Laurie at Soapbox Creations. Its one of my very favorite blogs. I kinda feel like I found my inner Laurie for this card. Here is what I came up with:

Along with the photo and Laurie, I was also inspired by Nichole Heady. I was going through Nichole's blog, looking back at some of the posts that were created before I discovered PTI, and I came across this post. I thought the layout was perfect for the linear photo. Thanks for the extra inspiration, Nichole!

Well, I better get off the computer and back into the real world. We have a big day today. My sister is coming to visit. I am going to take her out to dinner and a movie for her birthday (although its kinda a gift for me too. I get to have a night out with one of my favorite people-and kid free!) We are also HUGE Green Bay Packer fans, so we are going to have some couch time rooting on our favorite team. Once the kiddos are in bed for the night, I have some serious blog hopping to do. Sounds like a PERFECT Sunday to me!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Anonymous

Fantastic CAS take on the challenge!

Vicki Dutcher

Wonderful card~

Marge

Perfect CAS card & interpretation!!!

Tracey McNeely

A really, really nice card.

Karen

Laura love your blog title and your are luck to have 10 minutes normally I only have 5 ;) great take on the photo.
Karen
www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Christina

This is so fun, and I love all of the fabulous white space! The medallions look so pretty!

Unknown

This is a great card. Clean and simple..love it.

Laurie

I saw the thumbnail of this and I was like.....Check out that white space!!! Awesome job girly! You are so sweet! :)

Stephanie

I think you did find your inner Laurie! It's just gorgeous! Amazing use of color and the little design on top of those blocks. Wonderful take on the challenge!

Kristii

What a beautiful card!!! I admire anyone who finds their inner Laurie! I just can't seem to find peace with white space!!! You made it look easy!!!

Lori

So pretty! Love the bold colored stripes and the extra interest from the stamped images.

Post a Comment