CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my piece of blog land!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your taking time out of your busy day to take a peek at what I've been up to.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Treats...and I Hate My Camera

So like any crafty mom, I love making little holiday treats for my son's preschool class.  Halloween happens to be my favorite holiday.  Not because I am macabre.  I don't even watch scary movies. 

Halloween is my favorite because I love getting my kids their costumes.  I love going to the pumpkin patch and carving pumpkins.  I love going trick-or-treating with the kiddos.  I love the decorations (not the real scary ones, the cute scary ones).  I love that there is limited stress.  It is just a fun holiday.

So, I made some really cute little candy bags for my sons class.  I got out my relic of a camera and took some pictures.  Well, I went to upload my pictures of said project, and all I got was an error saying "Corrupted Files."  What?!?  They were there yesterday!  I know because I always make sure that they are somewhat in focus before I put away my extra light, white card stock, and old camera.  Well, it must be the Halloween boogie man who came and corrupted my files.  Darn it!  I hate Halloween! 

As luck would have it, I also made some treats for my co-workers.  They aren't nearly as cute as the ones I made for my son's class, but I will still share them.  The Halloween boogie man also left the picture of the teacher's gift. 

Well, the boogie man didn't corrupt the file for this picture, but he also didn't fix the shadows.  He did corrupt the file for the close up of the tag, however.  By the way, I didn't even know that you could get corrupted files on your camera.  What does that even mean?

This is what was inside the haunted house box.  The fun template for the house is available here, at Papertrey Ink, by the way.  I used the Home Made stamp set and put cracks in the window and put the door off center. 

For the mummy pencil holder, I just wrapped a used fruit can (put through the dishwasher, of course) with some white grosgrain ribbon.  I distressed the ribbon by sponging some Creamy Caramel ink (retired) from Stampin' Up.  Its too late now, but I wish I would have stuck a little bow on it to make it a girl mummy.








These are the treats I gave to my coworkers.  I kept it simple, but they still turned out cute.  I used Tiny Treats: Halloween from Papertrey, of course. 

I am super disappointed that my pictures didn't turn out.  Hopefully the picture-corrupting boogey man will be gone after Halloween.  Better yet, hopefully Santa Clause will bring me a new camera! 

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Diane Jaquay

That haunted house is FABULOUS!!! Love all the details on it! Sorry to hear you had camera problems :(

jen

What an adorable house!!! :) I think those treats are super cute too- and DARN camera problems!

Post a Comment